1.14.2009

SJP, Say it isn't so

The most recent rumor circulating the internet (well, maybe not the most recent rumor - but the most recent rumor that I really care about) is that of Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick splitting. How can this be? Of course I like SJP a lot more than Matthew (minus the Ferris Bueller-ness of him), but together they make sense.

I felt the same way when Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe went their separate ways. In fact, I felt worse. If these two perfect-for-each-other people cannot make it work, what hope is there. (And I realize that my ideals of perfect-for-each-other is based mostly on Cruel Intentions and the fact that they were unable to complete their relationship in the movie so they should continue it in real life (yeah, maybe not so ideal but whatever)). I don't know how long it's been since they divorced, but I'm happy that Reese is with Jake (the world completely makes sense again) and could care less about Ryan and what he does now.

Brad and Jen. America's sweethearts. Maybe this hurt because they were beautiful together. They always looked so happy (no one wants to imagine actors acting in real life - were they really happy? are they just that good at pretending?). Again, my heart went with Jen after this heartbreaking divorce (although I was mesmerized by what was happening with Brad and Angelina - like the rest of the world).

Am I noticing a trend? Maybe I sympathize with the women of these relationships because I'm female? Perhaps I choose to lean toward the person who made me care about the relationship in the first place (Jen = Rachel Green of course).

Back to SJP and Matthew. If Carrie Bradshaw and Mr. Big can work things out (after him leaving her at the alter!!!!), please let this rumor be that of a viciously jealous fan trying to rip them apart and not really true.

Gabby GG

No comments: