1.18.2009

This saddens me

How do you know when a seemingly well-rounded and extremely talented actor has fallen off the wagon (or stage)? When this hits the internet. I can only question what gave Joaquin Phoenix the idea to try his hand at "rapping", but I feel like the only thing I am lead to believe is the unfortunate use of drugs. Over the last few months, he has become unrecognizable to the average movie watcher with his mad-man beard, shaggy-dog hair and absent look in his eyes. This video, however, takes him to a whole new level that I had truly hoped he would never reach.

The optimistic side of me hopes that he may have had too many Red Bull Vodkas and the drunk energy just needed a release. It also gives me the chance to imagine the day when Joaquin bushwhacks off his beard and accepts another amazing movie role in which people all over can watch with awe (and secretly wish for a cleft lip because he makes it look good).

If you are reading this Joaquin, get through whatever you need to work through, but please come back to your glory days in movies. The world misses you.

Gabby GG

1 comment: