1.02.2009

A brief look into my life

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Graduated, taught

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I'm not entirely sure I made any resolutions for last year (based solely on the fact that I never keep them), but I'm going to make 1 resolution for 2009 and try really hard this year to remember to at least think about it.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, several people: 2008 = water must be flooded with fertility drugs

4. Did anyone close to you die? No one really close.

5. What countries did you visit? I visited the country I presently reside in - United States of American

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Wisdom to know when to be upset and when to not care, a physic eye to give me flashes of the future and courage to try things I would normally be shy about, tickets to Britney Spear's concert

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Father's Day

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Remaining optimistic about life's directions

9. What was your biggest failure? Letting other people affect me (I should not care ALL the time if I hurt someone's feelings if they don't care when they hurt mine)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just the normal

11. What was the best thing you bought? I bought a pair of kick ass rock-star boots (that I have yet to properly wear - only hiding under jeans).

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Britney Spears (she came back like a champ)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A close relative who seemed to make many many wrong decisions that were based too much on selfishness

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills I believe... 2009, please bring more fun

15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? The ocean. I wanted to go, and we did = amazing

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Songs don't typically remind of me a year ... unless it's (We're Going to Party Like Its 1999, which of course reminds me of 2000)

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Yes
Thinner? Absolutely not
Richer? Not at all

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Planned and paid attention to student loans

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry

20. How did you spend Christmas? Relaxed

21. How will you be spending new years? Sitting around watching people dance like no one was watching

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? More in love

23. How many one-night stands? 0

24. What was your favorite TV program? Gossip Girl, Property Ladder, Flip This House, Design to Sell, ANTM

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, for once

26. What was the best book you read? I can't say that I read a book for enjoyment during the entire year of 2008 - sad

27. What was your biggest musical discovery? Not sure if it's a discovery, but I'm slowing learning bits and pieces about who sings what (or I'm trying, hard)

28. What did you want and you got? A job (sort of)

29. What did you want and not get? A pet for my cat

30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight (but it was the last movie I saw in theaters too)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? Worst birthday ever. I worked my ass off for $50 - NOT WORTH IT

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Less drama

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I tried to dress better, but towards the end of the year it was more of a "what's on top and clean" strategy

34. What kept you sane? Myself

35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? I fancied the least Rob Pattinson, the most... not sure

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Maybe the bailout(s)

37. Who did you miss? Old friends

38. Who was the best new person you met? A lot of people where I work are pretty great

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Things don't usually end up how you expected, but its OK

40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year: "Sometimes the appropriate response to reality, is to go insane."

No comments: