12.05.2008

How much do I loathe Speidi

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag, I mean Pratt, I mean... I don't care. I used to be a huge fan of The Hills (up until I no longer had MTV - again, curse you) but the longer it's been since I've watched the show, the more I realize I don't need it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get away from the media whoreness that is Speidi.

What gets me the most of these two... their ability to get people to care (whether hate or love) so strongly that it's impossible not to have an opinion about what they do. Granted, most people (with a brain) absolutely hate everything that is Spencer Pratt, but his love for himself gets him through the night and keeps him pushing for record breaking douchey-ness. And the world can't seem to stop listening or paying attention.

The latest, did they or didn't they elope to Mexico, her mom says - he says, the ugliest wedding rings ever created. (*Dipping my head in a vat of hot wax to cover my eyes and ears from the ickyness that is them.) I was bombarded with pictures of Speidi on their "honeymoon" while on my morning stroll through celebrity gossip cyberspace. I won't even bother with how each "candid" picture of them is carefully staged, but it makes me wonder how they are behind closed doors (that doesn't happen to have a 'Come on in paps, we were just about to hang out and flash our perfectly proportioned bodies in scraps of cloth around causally' sign hanging on it). I can not think of a single situation that I, or anyone I know, have ever been in that would be captured on film so flawlessly.

Although I do not approve of their relationship (or of how it came about - i.e. Spencer plotting to get on the show and using any means to do it, ahem Heidi) I do think that they may...may love each other. But I'm definitely not saying that Heidi's mom is wrong in any way, shape or form:
"I would like to see a blood test from Mexico. It wouldn’t surprise me if he had her drugged. Spencer has tried to cut everyone out of her life. I've been honest with Heidi, and it's caused our relationship to decline. I'm more devastated about that than the marriage, because I'm confident the marriage won't work out."

My prediction for the fall of Spencer and Heidi Pratt - 1 year, 3 months. (mainly because there is another season of The Hills and I'm sure MTV will encourage/pay them to remain married for 1 season.) And not that I ever wish anyone harm, but may these two eventually fall of the face of the media planet and never to be heard from again.

Gabby GG

2 comments:

emeacham (Ed Meacham) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emeacham (Ed Meacham) said...

"...I'm confident the marriage won't work out."

Wow - uber lack of confidence in her daughter's choice. I like it! :D