12.04.2008

Welcome to Gabby GG - Britney's Back Bitch

Hello to all of you in cyberspace. Welcome to the beginning of something wonderful... or something to read anywho. This blog will be catered to your need of gossip, whether it be music, celebrity or the couple down the street (reading about strangers is still magnificently fulfilling). Feel free to leave comments, e-mails and requests of certain topics!!

On with the blog...

While the rest of the world is talking about the "comeback" of Britney Spears, I thought I'd get in on the topic, too. Through the graciousness of the Internet (and lack of MTV in my neck of the woods - yes, curse you MTV), I watched 4/5 parts of For the Record. While Britney was melting in front of our eyes, courtesy every media outlet in the United States (including CNN, which if you ask me is ricockulous), I was one of the first people to read the articles, watch the clips of her at gas stations and judge her decisions for what I took them as. At some point during her breakdown, I was able to pull back from the flooding of Britneyness and, although it was not apparent or useful to her whatsoever, I decided I was going to stop listening and paying attention to what was happening and leave her to figure things out herself. (If I had the power, I would have encouraged several thousand others to do the same but sadly I do not.)

I hadn't given much attention to what had been happening with her for months (which believe you me, was hard to do with my addiction to celebrity gossip) and was amazed when I started picking up on the positive blurbs and pictures that were being shown of her gathering her life back together. I am fully pulling for her complete "recovery" back to her old self and hope, for her sake, that it's a attainable goal. Judging (yes, I'm back to judging her) by her documentary, she is getting close to feeling human again and although there were many moments where I wanted to cry with her and tell her it'll all be ok, I think she realizes that the feelings and emotions she's going through are healthy and necessary. No one is happy all the time, no one gets everything they want and there is ALWAYS someone to answer to (albeit, at 27 years old, I would seriously contemplate ending it if I had to answer to my dad for the rest of my life).

As I wait for Part 5/5 of For the Record to get posted online, I raise my glass of semi-flat, luke warm Pepsi to Britney Spears and wish her all that I wish for myself. Good luck girl!

Gabby GG

P.S. If you are having as much trouble finding her documentary as I did, here are the links I used. Enjoy -

No comments: